Friday, February 17, 2012 – The other day I wrote about my new tea find – pu’erh. It has been called the tea for coffee lovers. Pu’erh has the same antioxidant properties as green, black and oolong teas. I love drinking tea and trying new flavors not only for the taste but also for the health benefits that come with drinking tea.
Here is a list of some of the health benefits of pu’erh tea:
- it is known to lower blood cholesterol levels
- can help with digestion (Chinese people tend to drink this tea after meals)
- it can improve fat metabolism
- some say it may help prevent and inhibit the growth of cancer cells
- it may have anti-inflammatory properties
Pu’erh can be compared to a bottle of wine. The longer it is has been aged the better it tastes. It also contains less caffeine than coffee, so it is a great tea for someone who is trying to cut down on coffee. At first I wasn’t sure about this odd tasting tea, but if I drink it like coffee with milk and sugar it is great!
- Discovering new teas (dailyposts365.wordpress.com)