Sunday, February 12, 2012 – Breakfast is one of my favorite meals especially on week-ends. Saturday and Sunday is when I have a real breakfast and not just a bowl of cereal or toast. I used to go out for breakfast on week-ends with friends but now everyone is so busy with their lives that we rarely do it anymore.
Yesterday I was looking on Pinterest for ideas and came across this amazing picture of these sticky buns. The recipe looked fairly simple so this morning I went looking for the main ingredient: a tube of Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits. Unfortunately no one had any, which was disappointing. This week I am going to go look for some downtown cuz I definitely want to try this recipe.
All is not lost since at the same time I discovered a great blog full of really easy and great recipes I can’t wait to try: All things delicious
Here is my modified version of the recipe, I have removed all the nuts since I am allergic to nuts.
1 tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
3 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup syrup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Spray a bundt pan with a non-stick spray. Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and set aside. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour about half of the syrup mixture onto the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges (closely together) to form a ring.
- Top with remaining syrup and sugar mixtures.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter and enjoy!
For how-to pictures see the original recipe.
- Fabulous Gooey Simple Sticky Cinnamon Breakfast Buns-Like Monkey Bread (cookingwithsherlockspice.com)
- Monkeybread Breakfast (asjulesisgoing.wordpress.com)